Natural Treatment for Fibroids
Natural treatment for fibroids include the use of diet,
nutritional supplements, naturopathic techniques, herbal medicine and
homoeopathy. These treatments can effectively assist in reducing the
growth of fibroids.
Diet and Fibroids
What you eat can be crucial because it can help control excess levels
of oestrogen that can encourage the fibroid to grow. If you need to
have surgical treatment because a fibroid is preventing conception, for
example, then it is crucial that you start eating well as soon as you
can, even before the surgery, to prevent a fibroid from regrowing after
it has been removed.
- Include phytoestrogens in your
diet – alfalfa, red clover, soy (fermented form), linseeds, lentils,
chickpeas. Phytoestrogens may help reduce excessive endogenous oestrogen
by bypassing oestrogen binding.
- Eat complex
carbohydrates and dietary fibre, including fruit and vegetables, and
wholegrains like brown rice, oats and wholemeal bread.
- Buy organic foods whenever possible.
- Reduce your intake of saturated fat.
- Drink two litres of filtered water daily.
- Avoid additives, preservatives and chemicals such as artificial sweeteners.
- Reduce your intake of caffeine and alcohol.
- Avoid sugar on its own and hidden in foods.
drinking black tea with your meals as this can block the uptake of iron
from your food. Similarly, phosphates, found in fizzy soft drinks, will
prevent iron from being absorbed by the body. Herb teas and fruit
juices are fine.
- Reduce your intake of red meat
and dairy products. These contain arachidonic acid, which worsens pain
and inflammation, increases blood flow, and reduces blood-clotting.
essential fatty acids in your diet – eat nuts, seeds, some oils
(linseed/flaxseed) and oily fish (including mackerel, mullet and
Supplements for Fibroids
- Iron may be needed if you are bleeding heavily and your iron
levels are low. NB. inappropriate use of iron supplements can interfere
with zinc uptake. Iron should be taken with vitamin C and away from tea,
calcium, zinc and some herbs (e.g. chamomile, fenugreek, milk thistle,
lime flowers, peppermint, rosemary and vervian).
- Zinc is good for hormone balance and tissue repair.
- Calcium and magnesium are effective for muscle spasm, pain and discomfort.
- Vitamin C and bioflavonoids help to strengthen capillaries and minimise bleeding, and also assist in iron uptake.
- Consider multivitamin and mineral supplements to make sure you are not missing out on any valuable nutrients.
A deficiency has been found in women with heavy bleeding. One study
showed that 92% of women who are prescribed supplemental vitamin A found
that their heavy bleeding was either cured or alleviated.
vitamins are very important for fibroids. They are needed by the liver
to convert excess oestrogen into weaker and less dangerous forms. Other B
vitamins such as B6 are important in the natural anti-inflammatory
pathways in our bodies. B6 also helps reduce abnormal blood clotting.
- Omega 3 oils help reduce inflammation and pain, and control bleeding during periods.
- DIM as a supplement helps the liver convert oestrogen into a healthier form. The dose is dependent on body weight.
For best results, try these recommended supplements for a period of
three months. Natural treatment for fibroids includiing supplements are
best taken under the care and guidance of your healthcare practitioner.
Herbs for Fibroids
- Horsetail, Ladies Mantle, Shepherd’s Purse, Yarrow, Cransebill,
Witch Hazel, Tienchi Ginseng, Beth Root and Golden Seal are astringent
herbs that help regulate excess bleeding.
- Paeonia and Licorice combinations, Chaste Tree and Ladies Mantle can help reduce oestrogen dominancy.
- Calendula, Thuja, Ruta, Damiana and Poke root are herbs that can help contain or reduce the size of fibroids.
You should not take any of the above herbs if you are taking the oral
contraceptive pill, fertility drugs, HRT or any other hormonal treatment
or other medication unless they are recommended by a registered,
Other Natural Remedies for Fibroids
Natural treatment for fibroids may also include massage, homoeopathy, acupuncture and aromatherapy.
drainage may be helpful to reduce congestion. Also consider massage,
skin brushing and exercises such as rebounding (jumping on a mini
- Drink two litres of filtered water daily.
- Try Castor oil packs or Linseed packs for pain relief.
- Homoeopathic medicines - your homeopath or naturopath will prescribe the most appropriate remedy for you.
- Natural progesterone cream – the dose is dependent on your symptoms and imbalances.
can help facilitate the free flow of energy through the body. Some of
the acupuncture points are used to move blood, break up stagnation and
- Aromatherapy can assist and support the reproductive system, and gently contribute to rebalancing your hormones.
Always consult a qualified health practitioner regarding the best natural treatment for fibroids.
Join The Thousands of Women Who Have Cured Their Fibroids Permanently!
Introducing The Fibroids Miracle™ – A Proven 3-Step Powerful System For Eliminating Fibroids Naturally!
Fibroids Miracle™ is a powerful step-by-step system providing
crucial information on how to naturally and permanently eliminate your
uterine fibroids using holistic methods. Discover how to use natural treatment for fibroids to easily and
quickly cure these uterine growths permanently...even if everything else you
tried has failed...without surgery, without medication and without
unwanted side effects – guaranteed!
Find out more
from the author Amanda Leto, a certified nutritionist, health consultant
and former Uterine Fibroids sufferer who permanently cured her uterine
fibroids. Click here now to visit the associate site: www.fibroidsmiracle.com
Read more on Fibroids
Exit 'Natural treatment for Fibroids' & Return to the Natural Hormone Health Home Page